For most people, being charged with a crime, especially a violent crime such as domestic violence, is extremely frightening and can severely impact your life. Being arrested and charged with any crime can affect various aspects of your life, including your reputation, livelihood, and family. A conviction of a crime not only affects these factors of your life but also eliminates your freedom in Monroeville, PA.
Suppose you or a loved one has been charged with a violent crime in Monroeville, PA. In that case, you must hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to represent your best interests throughout the case.
At the Wyland Law Group in Monroeville, PA, our criminal defense attorneys have vast experience in the criminal justice system, and we are dedicated to defending your rights and freedom. From legal advice to aggressive representation in the courtroom, our law firm takes your legal issues seriously and strives to help you with any criminal offense you are facing.
Why Hire Monroeville, PA, Criminal Defense Attorneys?
Criminal defense attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and experience in criminal law to discuss clients’ cases with them, investigate the circumstances, examine the evidence, and develop clear defense strategies. At the Wyland Law Group in Western Pennsylvania, we are thoroughly dedicated to defending the rights and freedom of our clients when they are experiencing the worst times of their lives.
Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
In every type of legal situation, it is almost always necessary to hire an attorney. Whether it is personal injury, family law, estate planning, or criminal law, legal services are essential to ensure that you and your family remain safe and secure.
For a criminal defense case, the stakes are high because your freedom is at risk. Although a lawyer with multiple practices areas such as personal injury or bankruptcy law may also have training in criminal law, it is better for you as the client to have a dedicated criminal defense attorney to represent you and provide you the legal services you need. Criminal defense lawyers have a deep understanding of the criminal justice system and have often worked with (or were former) prosecutors, so they have perspectives from both sides.
Suppose your freedom, reputation, and livelihood are put at risk when you have been charged with a violent crime (assault, criminal homicide, murder, manslaughter, or recklessly endangering another person). In that case, you must find the best possible criminal defense attorneys in Monroeville, PA, to represent you.
How to Choose the Right Criminal Defense Lawyers for Your Case in Allegheny County
The question, now, is how to determine which law firm is right for your case. Not all criminal defense attorneys are equal in their skills and experience, so you must be able to determine which criminal defense lawyers in Monroeville, PA, will be able to defend your interests.
Here are some of the most important aspects to look for when choosing which criminal defense law firm to hire to handle your case:
- Experience and Expertise: It is always important to remember that your freedom is on the line in criminal law cases. For that reason, you must find Monroeville, PA, lawyers with ample experience in the type of crime you have been charged with. If you have been charged with sexual assault, but the lawyer you hire has little to no experience or expertise with sex crimes, jail time might be all but guaranteed. An experienced attorney should be at the top of your priority list.
- Board Certifications: When an attorney is board-certified, that generally means that they are considered among the best in their particular field and related practice areas. When you need the best possible defense in Western Pennsylvania, be sure your attorney is board certified.
- Free Initial Consultation: Outstanding lawyers in Pittsburgh, PA, and the surrounding Western Pennsylvania area should offer a free consultation for your first meeting. After you hire them, they will be paid for their legal services, so a no-fee consultation should not be a problem for most lawyers. It is also best to conduct this meeting in person to gauge your comfort level with the attorney.
- Availability: It is a reality that police often do not show up during normal business hours. That means your attorney needs to be available to you whenever you need them. If you cannot contact them until the next morning, that could be extremely valuable time lost in your case.
- Locally Connected: Hiring a local attorney will help guarantee connections with the local courts, prosecutors, and judges. It also means that they know how the proceedings run in that court and prepare you ahead of time.
If you are a resident of Monroeville, PA, or any of the surrounding areas in Western Pennsylvania and have been charged with a violent crime, contact the skilled super lawyers at the Wyland Law Group. We take your criminal charges very seriously and will work diligently to get the best possible outcome (hopefully, not guilty verdict) for your case.
Contact Our Monroeville, PA, Criminal Defense Attorney
If you or a loved one has been charged with a violent crime in Monroeville, PA, and need an experienced law firm to represent you in and out of court, contact Wyland Law Group. Our attorney is dedicated to defending your rights and freedom against the government’s allegations. Our Monroeville, PA, legal team will be by your side from the first free consultation through the end of the trial.
Contact our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys in Monroeville, PA, to set up a free consultation to discuss your case and begin to develop the best possible legal strategy for your defense.